About Me

My photo
I'm a part-time primary school teacher, who started papercrafting 8 years ago, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. So my work is very varied, which keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! As well as cards, I love working with boxes and canvases - and I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Tuesday, 22 May 2018

Important Post - Privacy Policy

Morning All

This post is a little different from the norm - but really has to be done.

Under the New Data Protection Law (GDPR) that comes into effect on Friday 25th May, I am required to inform you of the data which is collected from/about you when you comment, follow or subscribe to my blog, and to inform you of how you can unfollow or unsubscribe if you so wish. 

In order that this information does not get lost amongst posts that will appear later, I have added it to the Privacy Policy that you can access from the right hand side of the blog.

Please ensure that you have read the information contained in the Privacy Policy, and that subsequently, should you wish to, that you follow the information on how to unfollow or unsubscribe from my blog.

Please feel free to comment below if you are unsure of anything and I will do my best to help you.

If you receive this by email, please visit the blog and check out the Privacy Policy.

Thanks for all your continued support

Take care,


Friday, 18 May 2018

To the Happy Couple

A very good friend of mine is today marrying a lovely man and starting a new life together. I made this card for them using a Kanban Love and Marriage. 
I used patterned card and paper from my stash to matt and layer with pink card onto the base. The patterned background piece was cut from the pink card using Crafter's Companion Die'sire A6 Daisy Dreams Create a Card die. 

The Kanban topper sits on top of that, and the card is finished with lace, a lace bow, and a Hobby House sparkler.


Sunday, 13 May 2018

Owl Applique Card

Another applique card. This time, after using Heat & Bond Lite on fabric scraps, I used Crafter's Companion Debbie Shore Owl Applique die set to cut the pieces. 
After ironing onto white cotton, the pieces were stitched by machine, and then quilted onto patterned fabric with thin wadding and interfacing. The frame is cut from patterned card from my stash (not really sure where it's from), with Spellbinders Grand Scalloped Square.

I finished the card with paper roses and ribbon.


Saturday, 12 May 2018

Applique Card - Flowers

Was feeling adventurous with this one. I wanted to do some sewing and be able to use it to create a card. I started by ironing on Heat & Bond Lite Adhesive (which is sewable) to pieces of fabric from my scrap box, then used Crafter's Companion Die'sire Spring Flowers Mixed Media dies to cut out the shapes.
These were ironed onto a piece of white cotton and sewn with my sewing machine. This was placed on a piece of patterned fabric, and with thin wadding and interfacing underneath. I used decorative stitches on my sewing machine to quilt them together. 

I used red tape to attach this to an 8x8 card base, and cut a circular aperture with Spellbinders Grand Scalloped Circle in a piece of Kanban British Birds card, to provide a frame and cover the edges of the material.

Finally, I finished off with ribbon and paper roses.


Tuesday, 8 May 2018

Birthday Boutique

This teenager's birthday card was made using Hunkydory's Birthday Boutique topper and card set.
I kept it simple, and matted the card onto silver mirror card, which I also used for the letters and numbers, cut with Diamond Press Block Alpha dies. The bow is from Baker's twine. 


Wednesday, 25 April 2018

Home Sweet Home!

This new home card was made using a topper from Kanban Well Wishes and Celebrations. 
I also used the gorgeous Moving Frame from Yvonne Creations Moving Madness collection of dies. The frame was cut in matt silver, cream, brown, pink and green, and then I fussy cut out the pieces to build up the picture.

All of this was mounted onto a piece of double sided card from Crafter's Companion, mounted onto matt silver card. 

As the message was on the topper, I didn't need the little banner at the top of the frame, so added a bow to fill it up. 


Sunday, 22 April 2018

Birthday Card

This card was made for my stepson's girlfriend. The topper is Hunkydory Scrumptious Cakes - and the striped card came with the topper.
The white card is Centura Pearl Snow White Hint of Gold, embossed with Crafter's Companion A4 Delicate Floral embossing folder. The letters are cut with Crafter's Companion Essentials Alphabet.