About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Friday 18 February 2022

Flower tag

Today's share is a gorgeous green and white tag, using Jeanine's Art: Welcome Spring Flower and Leaf Borders. I used this die set on the lantern that I blogged a while ago. It's a really simple tag - so quick and easy to make and looks great! Click on the picture if you would like to see the video of this project.

I have a set of greyboard tag templates that I use when making tags. I find them useful for when I want to cut something really thick that a die won't go through. But they are a great tool if you don't own a set of tag dies.

I used the tag template on the left below for the base, and actually created a new template that is roughly 1/8" bigger all round. The next size down was too small - so I wanted something just that bit bigger for the white part.

The larger tag was covered in patterned paper, and inked on the edge with Mowed Lawn Distress Oxide.

The new template was used to cut the white tag out of hammered card. I then cut the leaf border out of this and stuck it on the main tag, but replaced the "waste" so it looked more defined. You can see this on the video.  I cut the white leaves in half ready to go with the flowers.

I cut the flower die twice with co-ordinating green card and arranged them with the two pieces of the white leaves. 

I used a couple of reinforcers from Elizabeth Craft Designs Reinforcement Pack 2, to strengthen the hole, before adding the ribbon.

Thanks for popping by, and I hope I have given you a little inspiration. Feel free to follow me here on my blog, or on FaceBookTwitterInstagram or Pinterest. For all the videos, pop over to the Hixxy Studio YouTube channel to subscribe. And FB lives are streamed on both the YouTube channel and the Hixxy Crafts FB page. The main items I use can be found on the Hixxy Crafts website - have a look under the Hixxy Studio tab.

Happy crafting!!

Cxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx