About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Friday 11 February 2022

Lantern: The one where the glue wouldn't stick!!

Today's share is a Lantern that I made using Jeanine's Art "Welcome Spring" Flowers and Leaf Borders, with Precious Marieke "Beautiful Garden" Leaf Frame. I have put the link to the video on the first picture. To be honest, it was a bit of a disaster as none of the glue wanted to stick, so if nothing, it'll give you a laugh! 

The template is here as a JPG. Feel free to copy it. Printing it on full page will give you the biggest possible size. 

You will need two of these to complete your lantern. If your printer will take card, I suggest printing it straight onto the card. 


Cut the two pieces out as shown in the picture above.

Score down the middle between the two sides, and on the tab.

Then turn and score along the two "roof" parts. Don't forget the little tabs on the roof. 

Burnish all the folds, and it should end up looking like the photo above. Do not stick anything at this point. 

To cover the windows of the lantern, I cut the Leaf Frame die out of a piece of hessian printed paper from Crafter's Companion Sew Homemade paper pad. This was cut to size, and adhered to a piece of vellum, before attaching to each of the windows. 

Now you can assemble the lantern pieced. Stick the roof tabs on each. Attach a piece of twine to the inside of one piece before joining the two halves together. 

For all the sides, I cut two of the leaf borders in green.  For two of the sides, I cut the leaf in pink. The other two sides you need to cut the flowers from both the green and pink. The pink flower heads are cut and paper-pieced onto the green.

You can then arrange them on the sides of the lantern. This is the bit that just didn't want to work on the demo. It had all worked fine when prepping at home, but neither my tacky glue or my spray glue wanted to play ball. Hopefully, though, there is enough information, both in the video and here, for you to see how to do it. 

Thanks for popping by. Feel free to follow me here on my blog, or on FaceBook, Twitter, Instagram or Pinterest. For all the videos, pop over to the Hixxy Studio YouTube channel to subscribe. And FB lives are streamed on both the YouTube channel and the Hixxy Crafts FB page. The main items I use can be found on the Hixxy Crafts website - have a look under the Hixxy Studio tab.

Happy crafting!!

Cxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx