About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Thursday 17 February 2022

Flower Box Card

After the dome card, I had another idea for the Amy Design: Enjoy Spring - Flower Border die. A box card. Click on the picture below for the link to the video demo.


You need an A4 sheet of card for box - and the offcuts will be the perfect size for the struts inside.

I laid it landscape onto my Big Score, and scored at 7cm, 14cm, 21cm, 28cm. I then turned it portrait so the small flap/tab is at the top. I then scored at 10cm and 17cm BUT only through the flap/tab and 3 of the side pieces. The bottom one will form the back of the box so you don't want to score into that.

 

Cut out the pieces that are not needed.

 

Cut down the score lines to separate the flaps. Fold and burnish all the score lines.

 

Use the waste to create the two struts by marking 1" from the score lines and cutting. Then then cutting this piece in half. You know that they will fit perfectly.


For decoration, cut the die out three times. Cut each one in half. For the three on the flaps, you can just mount onto the decorative paper that you are using there.

For the struts and the back, draw around the actual die on patterned paper to create a mat for the flowers. Have a look at the video if you are unsure (17:00 onwards). 

I decorate the box - including the back (but not the bow), before sticking together. I add the struts once the box is stuck. The first one I put in, is the back one, and I push it to the back. Because I cut the flaps at 1", I know that the strut will sit 1" from the back. I add the second one, which sits 1" in front of that.


Thanks for popping by, and I hope I have given you a little inspiration. Feel free to follow me here on my blog, or on FaceBookTwitterInstagram or Pinterest. For all the videos, pop over to the Hixxy Studio YouTube channel to subscribe. And FB lives are streamed on both the YouTube channel and the Hixxy Crafts FB page. The main items I use can be found on the Hixxy Crafts website - have a look under the Hixxy Studio tab.

Happy crafting,

Cxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx