About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Monday 21 February 2022

Underwater Scene

This is the third of the three watery themed cards I did on a FB live a while back. The videos are available on the Hixxy Studio You Tube Channel. They are cut from the whole live show, so the beginnings and endings are not seamless - but you should get the idea.

For this one, I used white stamping card and inked lightly with Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide. I wanted a pale and patchy effect, as I then sprayed Mermaid Lagoon Distress Oxide Spray over the top and blotted it with rice paper. The whole things was edged with Mermaid Lagoon Distress Ink - or Oxide.

I used Distress Inks to "paint" the little pieces with: Scattered Straw for the sandy background; Wilted Violet for the fish; Abandoned Coral, Mowed Lawn, Twisted Citron and Lucky Clover the the corals and seaweeds; Hickory Smoke for the sharks; Mermaid Lagoon for the bubbles Worn Lipstick, Antique Linen and Ripe Persimmon for the shells and starfish. 


It is then just a case of assembling the scene as you wish. It's a gorgeous little set to play with - and you could cut multiples of all of the dies if you wish.

Thanks for popping by, and I hope I have given you a little inspiration. Feel free to follow me here on my blog, or on FaceBookTwitterInstagram or Pinterest. For all the videos, pop over to the Hixxy Studio YouTube channel to subscribe. And FB lives are streamed on both the YouTube channel and the Hixxy Crafts FB page. The main items I use can be found on the Hixxy Crafts website - have a look under the Hixxy Studio tab.

Happy crafting,

Cxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx