About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Saturday 19 February 2022

Beneath the Ocean

On a live a few weeks ago, we had an underwater theme. I made the canvas that is on an earlier blog, and three cards. This is the first of the cards. The videos are available on the Hixxy Studio You Tube Channel. They are cut from the whole live show, so the beginnings and endings are not seamless - but you should get the idea.

I have used a 3D Push Out from Amy Design: Underwater World collection, along with the Fishing Net die from the Maritime collection. If you have not seen the Push Outs before, they are decoupage sheets and each one has 3 different designs on it. Have a look at the video to see how they work - click on the photo for the link.  


The background is created on white stamping card with Iced Spruce, Faded Jeans and Wilted Violet Distress Oxide Sprays. Once dry - you can blot it with rice paper if you want - edge it with Faded Jeans Distress Oxide.

The net was cut in Creative Expressions Steel Pearl Card, and the letters with Trimcraft's Banner Alphabet dies. The added embellishments are little seed beads from my stash, stuck on with 3D glue gel.

Thanks for popping by, and I hope I have given you a little inspiration. Feel free to follow me here on my blog, or on FaceBookTwitterInstagram or Pinterest. For all the videos, pop over to the Hixxy Studio YouTube channel to subscribe. And FB lives are streamed on both the YouTube channel and the Hixxy Crafts FB page. The main items I use can be found on the Hixxy Crafts website - have a look under the Hixxy Studio tab.

Happy crafting,

Cxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx