About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Tuesday 15 February 2022

Humming Bees and Flowers

I have a little project using some fab dies from the Jeanine's Art: Humming Bees collection. The main die is the Flower Edge. But I realised that the larger bee from the Flower Corner die fitted exactly over the the one on the edge die. And if you flipped the edge die over, the smaller one fitted too.

That led to me cutting the edge twice out of Kraft card. The one on the left is the "correct" way round. The one on the left is flipped over. Have a look at the video (click on the photo) to see exactly how that works.


The base is Kraft card, and I have used white card and a light coloured, patterned paper for the mats and layers. The bees are cut in both Kraft and patterned paper, and the flower (Elizabeth Craft Designs: Susan's Garden - Coneflower) in all three. The smaller bee does not fit onto the bee when the edge die is round the right way (ie the one on the left hand side) - which is why I have put the flower there. The rest fit perfectly.

Thanks for popping by, and I hope I have given you a little inspiration. Feel free to follow me here on my blog, or on FaceBookTwitterInstagram or Pinterest. For all the videos, pop over to the Hixxy Studio YouTube channel to subscribe. And FB lives are streamed on both the YouTube channel and the Hixxy Crafts FB page. The main items I use can be found on the Hixxy Crafts website - have a look under the Hixxy Studio tab.

Happy crafting,

Cxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx