About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Monday 14 February 2022

Pizza time!!

I've had a play with Elizabeth Craft Designs Pizza Box die set. The more I get to play with ECD dies, the more I am impressed with just how many extras you get, over and above the "worker" die. So, along with the main die that cuts and scores the pizza box, you get a flower pattern die (which I have cut out from pink to use on the purple box in the photos), a large scalloped square die, a stitched square that nests inside. Then four nesting circles - scalloped, plain and stitched. All of the nesting dies are used on the green box. Click on the photo below to see the demo for the green box and card.


 

The main die cuts and scores all of the necessary tabs - all you need to do is crease and burnish them all prior to sticking.

 

I found that sticking it in the order shown in the pictures worked best for me.

 

 

And this is the resulting box. The piece with the finger notch is the lid. The little bit that sticks out is the bottom.


This is cut with the floral mat die that comes with the set. I have added some punched circles into the centres.


I added this to the top of the box with the large scalloped square from the set. The butterflies are from another set of dies.


If you want a matching card to go inside, the dimensions you need is 4 1/8" square (so a piece 8 1/4" x 4 1/8"  scored in half). And you can decorate it to match the box!

Thanks for popping by, and I hope I have given you a little inspiration. Feel free to follow me here on my blog, or on FaceBookTwitterInstagram or Pinterest. For all the videos, pop over to the Hixxy Studio YouTube channel to subscribe. And FB lives are streamed on both the YouTube channel and the Hixxy Crafts FB page. The main items I use can be found on the Hixxy Crafts website - have a look under the Hixxy Studio tab.

Happy crafting!!

Cxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx