About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Saturday 16 May 2020

New Baby

Good morning!! Today I have the first of three baby cards to share. We have a new baby in the family - my nephew and his girlfriend have had a second baby boy. The first card is the one I sent to them. The other two, which I will share in the next couple of days, were for the grandparents and great grandparents.


So, Fletcher was born on Monday and I had to wait until the cards were received before posting. 

This is an 8x8 card using Hunkydory Pick and Mix Little Effalumps.  The background is made up of matt gold mirror card, the blue stars is from a Hunkydory card pack and the pale blue and yellow are from an old Kanban Pad. The white Centura Pearl is embossed with an old Crafter's Companion Embossalicious Everyday folder called Clouds. The balloons are cut with Crafter's Companion Essentials Balloons, and the clouds are from the Sara Signature Little Angel collection.  Lettering is cut with Diamond Press Alpha letters. The little star decorations are the waste from cutting the balloons.

We are looking forward to the day we can meet our great nephew - and also see our grandchildren again. Hopefully in the not too distant future.

Take care and stay safe,
Cxxx

1 comment:

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx