About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Monday 11 May 2020

All at Sea

Morning!! New week - new challenge at Use Your Craft Stash. The time the theme is "All at Sea" and/or "Blue".  So anything related to the sea - mermaids, fish, boats, beaches, lighthouses, beach huts - or just anything blue. Pretty wide scope there!!

I've gone for both this week. I started with an old Kanban Topper sheet called Beach Huts and Boats. I know it's very old because there are some postmarks on the little tags that say 2007!! 


I decided to use the whole sheet and make a little boxed set of cards. I used some 5x5 Scalloped Card Blanks from my stash, then looked through my boxes for all my blue patterns and dumped it all on my desk before sorting through and making decisions.


I ended up using the pad of paper from Lidl called Summer - it's the green one poking out from underneath. This one's been in my stash for a few years - and it had the perfect sea themed, blue papers in there.

I used some 12x12 blue card for the first layer - the boats have it embossed with Leoie Pujol's Bubble Explosion and then inked with Faded Jeans Distress Ink.  I used an old Kanban card sheet called Beige Script (think it came with a birds set) and the paper from the pad that looked like waves. I also used the little tags with some baker's twine.




For the beach huts, I embossed the blue card with Sara Signature Contemporary Christmas Elegant Snowfall folder, and again inked with Faded Jeans. I used another old Kanban card sheet called Natural Felt, and chose the seashell paper for these. I also used the sentiments that came on the topper sheet. All four had the addition of some flat back pearls.



The box was made on my Crafter's Companion Big Score using A3 Centura Pearl Snow White card.  I decorated the top with the same card and paper - and used my Embossalicious Everyday Beach Hut Folder - again with Faded Jeans ink. I also used the last of the sentiments from the sheet.



When I do commissioned cards, I generally only do boxed cards of various sizes, and I always like to decorate the inside of the box too. So I used up scraps to line both the inside of the lid and the base in a similar way to the top.


We're looking forward to seeing what you come up with this week - so get digging in that stash!!

Take care and stay safe,
Cxxxx

4 comments:

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx