About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Monday 25 May 2020

Anything Goes Again

We've decided to stick with the Anything Goes theme again this week. I did have a big plan about what I was going to do - and then I ran out of time. So, instead, I dug into my draw where I have kept all those bits I kept from past demo days (and just couldn't throw away), and made up a few cards. 

These ones are made using Crafter's Companion Easel cards - in this case, the heart and the "square". I have also tried to use older dies that I had for making DT cards and probably never saw the light of day again - and in one case, a piece of card I didn't want to throw out.

So, the first heart is cut from Kraft Card, and I used some cream patterned card that I printed from a Crafter's Companion download (I think). If I recall correctly, the designs were originally made in A3 card, but then brought out in digital form. I used CC Stitched Edge Heart dies, with dies from Sara Signature Vintage Tea Party. The flowers are Hobby House and the sentiment I think is from Sara Signature Flutterby.


The second heart easel, is also cut from Kraft Card, with some Pink Core'dinations. The patterned overlay - cut with the decorative dies that come with the Easel Card - is CC Shabby Chic A3 card. The roses are the cheap ones you can get from The Range, and the little heart is embossed with a mini folder that came with the Diamond Press Starter Kit. I use the same sentiment as above.

The third heart easel is cut from black card, and the patterned is another CC download. The little hearts are CC Stitched Edge dies, and the shoe is from the Catitudes collection. The sentiment is CC Essentials Only Words.


And finally, the "square" easel is cut from Centura Pearl - but I managed to use it the wrong way round. The pink patterned card is Hunkydory - left from a topper set, and so is the actual topper. It's one of those Hunkydory ones where they print the design on the corner of the A4 cardstock. I rarely use them with the toppers - but then struggle to think how to use them!! I may have solved that one now. The butterflies come with the Easel Card die set, and I used a CC Stitche Square for the stopper.



I have  loads more of these Easel card bases already cut - so will undoubtedly be making more in the not too distant future.

Take care, and stay safe,
Cxxxx

2 comments:

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx