About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Monday 4 May 2020

Circles and Furry Things

Morning. It's another new week. I've just kind of bumbled through this past one, with plenty of baking and tidying keeping me occupied in the not so nice weather.

And a new week means a new challenge over at Use Your Craft Stash. This week it's Furry Critters and/or circles. So any animal with fur or just use circles - whichever is easier. And of course, we would love to see any type of craft within the theme. 


I chose to use this Darkroom Door Eclectic Stamp called Sitting Dog. It was a gift from a good crafty friend of mine, and I'm ashamed to say that I've never used it before.  And to stamp it, I dug out another piece of stash which wasn't even out of the bag - this Crafter's Companion Stamping Mat.  I stamped the image using Gathered Twigs Distress Ink onto Neenah Classic Crest Card.


I marked out the circle I would be cutting out, so as I didn't bother colouring too big an area. I used water to move the Distresss Ink and added a little more detail by going back in with the ink on a brush. The tongue was coloured with Watermelon Aqua Pencil (Crafter's Companion) from the Florals tin.


The background was created using Charcoal Brown Aqua Pencil from the Essentials Tin, and Tumbled Glass Distress Ink. To keep with the theme, I mounted it onto circles of card - all from my scraps box.  The large piece of brown card at the back has an aperture cut into it (where you can see the white) and was embossed using Crafter's Companion Textures Distress 8x8 folder.


We look forward to seeing what you come up with this week. 

Take care,
Cxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx