About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Tuesday 28 April 2020

Things With Wings

Where has that last week gone. Despite lockdown, I seem to be so busy with a never ending list of things to do!!  Far too much baking and eating in there!! Anyway, this week's theme at Use Your Craft Stash is Things with Wings. Quite a broad theme covering anything from birds and bugs to fairies. 

I dug out a really old X Cut Large Owl die. I've had it years and probably only used it twice before.


I have also been trying to use scraps of card and paper rather than cutting into new sheets (although heaven knows, I have enough new sheets), so I dug around and pulled out some colours I like the idea of.


I went for pink, cream and brown - and pulled out what I thought went together.


I cut the pieces for the owl, in predominantly brown card, with just a bit of the patterned card left over from a Hunkydory kit.

I wanted to have some flowers on the front, and decided to use a new die - yes I know, we're supposed to be using stash up - but this is one I really wanted for using with flower forming foam.  So, I cut the three sizes of flower from a mixture of cream and pink card, and the Hunkdory patterned card, and an offcut of Crafter's Companion A3 card - I think it was Shabby Chic.

As you can see from the end photograph, everything looks quite grungy, rather than the clean colours of the scraps, and that's because I inked it all with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink. 

Having dug out my box of Cut and Dry - and I discovered yet more unused and forgotten stash in the form of Distress Mica Sprays!! Oops!!


I think I was a bit heavy handed (as usual) with the ink - but am happy with the grungy look.

The flowers dies are roses (Sara Signature Garden of Love) so I folded one of the smallest size into a bud for the centre.


Finally, I assembled it all  and added some large pearls for the eyes, and decorated the edges with more pearls.


Take care and stay safe, 
Cxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx