About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Wednesday 8 April 2020

A very different time.

In one of the strangest years ever, we have come to one of the busiest days for birthdays in my calendar - 3 of them. And I am going to share them over three posts - because I can - and because it gives me something to do. For all three of them, it's most definitely a different day to the one that they expected or had planned.

So my first share is for my grandson, Arlo, who is one today! We will not all be meeting up this weekend as originally planned for a big party - but that will happen once this is all over. We will hopefully get to "chat" later. 



You may - or may not - know that there is a film with a dinosaur called Arlo - and Arlo has lots of dinosaur themed things. So his card had to be the same.

This is an 8x8 card base, and the topper is Hunkdory Pick and Mix - Dinotopia. I have used gold mirror card, yellow Core'dinations and the blue paper is from an old Papermania pack.  To cut the shapes, I used Spellbinders Grand Squares, Grand Scalloped Squares and Circles, with some Crafter's Companion Stitched Edge circles.

The 1 is cut using a really old Crafter's Companion 3" number die, and the letters using Diamond Press Block Alpha. And it's all finished off with some twine and flat backed pearls. 

Enjoy today the best you can - wherever you are, and whatever you are doing. Stay safe.

Cxxx

1 comment:

  1. Arlo might be having a very different birthday to the one planned but at least he has this fantastic card to open. I love it, Carole. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx