About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Saturday 4 April 2020

Sourdough and Pimm's for breakfast!!

Morning. Hope this finds you well. On a FB group I am in, people have been making sourdough, so I thought I would give it a try. Had to use wholemeal bread flour as it was the only bread flour in the shop. I made my starter, and fed it, and last night I was ready to make my first loaf.

Well, straight out of the blocks there was a problem. I had obviously done something wrong with the starter as I had nowhere near enough to make the loaf - and I was also supposed to have some left to keep feeding for my next loaf. Not to be put off, I ploughed on and made the loaf anyway (and made a new starter at the same time). 


I put it in the airing cupboard overnight to prove.


And, miraculously, this morning, it did seem to have roughly doubled in size! I tried putting it into a loaf tin which was not successful as would have meant forcing it into a different shape and knocking the air out of it. So put it flat onto a baking tray instead.


Didn't come out too bad.


Was a bit crusty, and a bit dense - but perfectly edible. So, fresh, warm bread and Pimm's Jam for breakfast!!


And if you haven't tried Pimm's Jam - it's strawberry, tangerine and mint. Scrummy. Enjoy your day - whatever you may be doing.

Take care, stay safe.
Cxxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx