About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Thursday 17 March 2016

Day 77 - Lightning Strike!!

Evening. Busy day today, tidying up the veg patch and sewing a few peas while the sun shined! Very satisfying! But also found time to make up another of my AquaTint experiment.

This one used Bright and Beautiful 15, Pretty Pastels 55 and Perfect Primaries 12. Once dried, I used my Distress Splatter brush and blotted with kitchen towel. 
I decided to use the Textures Elements Lightning folder on this one, but didn't want it to take up the whole of the image like yesterday. So I dug out my Sheena Summer Meadow 8x6 stencil, and sponged some Pebeo Black Gesso through it.
Once that was dried, I decided to emboss just the top part of the image so that the lightning just came down over the tree.
It's almost impossible to see on the photo, but I then added some Pebeo Silver Gilding Wax with my finger.
Now, although it showed up a bit, it wasn't strong enough for me, so I used a very fine brush, and painted more gilding wax over the top.
As you can see, it's much more striking!! I inked the edges of the image with Black Soot Distress Ink, and mounted it on black, grey and pink card. The sentiment is a Die'sire Sentimentals stamp from the Memories are Made set.

Back tomorrow,
Cxxx

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I really love that pink and the lighting looks AWESOME! Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx