About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Sunday 20 March 2016

Day 80 - Back to Earth with a bump!!

I've had such lovely comments and feedback on Facebook for my last few shares of my cards. It always makes you feel really good and positive about your work. And I have to admit that I was very proud of them. But today I have decided to share a card that I'm not so happy about - because we all have those days. 
I cut all the bits for this Accordion card a while back using Crafter's Companion Die'sire Square Accordion die and accompanying layering dies - and also the Polka Dot overlay. I was really looking forward to assembling it all. But there is just something about it that I am not happy with. It could be that the base card was too lightweight which has caused it to bow a bit. It could be that the olive green card for the polka dot overlay was a bad choice and overpowers everything else. It could be the combination of green and red - which seemed to work when I was cutting it all out. It's not awful - I'm just not pleased with it. 

It was meant to be for a friend's birthday - but I think I will go back to the drawing board. I have used it as a learning experience in assembling the Accordion dies. And as a reminder that even when we're on Design Teams, we can still come up with things that are really not quite right!! Sometimes the experiments pay off - and sometimes they don't.

Just a very quick thank you to those people who have been popping over here, and then leaving comments on FB - and to a few new followers of my blog via Twitter, Pinterest and Bloglovin' (all necessary links on the right hand side of my blog) - and on Facebook (Papercraft By Carole) . I really appreciate you taking the time to have a look and share this year of Crafty Images with me - 80 down 286 to go!! 
Cxxxx 
  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx