About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Friday 4 March 2016

Day 64 - Canvas revisited!

Evening!! Hope you are well. We are dog sitting for the next week - but in between walking the dog in the hail and rain, I managed a little time to play. So I went back to my canvas - the one I began thinking about back on Day 50

I started today, by painting the canvas with Pebeo Pearl Silk Paint, just to give the background a slightly off white and pearly finish.
Next, I used Sheena's Distress Grid stencil, with Pebeo Sun Pearl paint, and sponged it through.
This gave a very subtle effect.
I then added Copper Pearl onto this.
And then Chocolate Pearl.
The next step was to put the pieces of faux leather back on in the correct arrangement!!
Now, as much as I like random, I also like ordered. And when sticking on rows of rectangles, ordered is a must.
So out came my (rather worse for wear) Tim Holtz piercing ruler. I love this because, as well as having the measurements along one side, the other starts from 0 in the middle which allows you to line things up really easily!!
This was the result. But it looked a bit too neat. So I got out my Textures stamps - Splats and Stains, and Journal Jottings - and messed it up a bit with Walnut Stain Distress Ink.
And that's as far as I've got today. Will come back to it again when I get some time.
Cxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx