About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Sunday 13 March 2016

Day 73 - A Few Embellishments!

Evening. Having made the flowers for my canvas, I felt I needed a few other embellishments and a sentiment or two.

I bought these heart and butterfly wooden embellishments ages ago in The Range. They've been sat in a little tub just waiting for the right project. And I think they'll work just right on the canvas.
I painted them with Pebeo Pearl Silk paint, and stamped with Walnut Stain Ink using Sheena's A Little Bit Sketchy Best Friend Swirls, and Splats and Stains and Journal Jottings from Crafter's Companion Textures collection.
My original idea for the canvas was to use word stamps - and I decided on three from Crafter's Companion's Destinations Life is a Journey stamp set - PAUSE, RELAX, UNWIND!
I used Walnut Stain Distress Ink, and didn't put the stamps on any blocks. The were inked up on my craft mat, and the card pressed down on top - this gave the border effect around the edge of the words.

So now it's all ready to assemble together. 
Cxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx