About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Wednesday 12 January 2022

Stamperia Cream Paste

Good morning!! This feels very much like groundhog day, where I say something along the lines of how long it has been since I last blogged! Lots of things have happened in the past four months - none of which I shall bore you with. And it's not for lack of projects to blog - I have a whole backlog which I will hopefully share at some point.

One of the big changes for me is that I am now working with online craft shop, Hixxy Crafts, to create a whole host of videos - and Facebook Live shows - showing off different products and techniques. All the videos are on the Hixxy Studio YouTube Channel, so feel free to pop along and take a look. 

Let's start with a few projects using something that was new to me - along with a whole host of things that have been in my stash a while. 

The new product (to me) is Stamperia's Cream Paste, which I demonstrated in a Facebook Live last Friday. 

If you have never used this product before, it is a great addition to your mixed media box of tricks. It's extremely light, and dries to be totally flexible. Stamperia also make a whole raft of texture moulds to use the paste in, but there is so much more you can do, including using it with 3D embossing folders, die cutting it and using it with silicone moulds. There are also many ways to colour it. This video shows everything I played around with.

I then created these three projects. The first is a decorated papier mache heart. I used the Cream Paste with Crafter's Companion Floral Fusion 3D Embossing folder. This was painted with black gesso, and gilded with Pebeo King Gold wax, and Imagination Crafts Sherbet Alchemy wax, before cutting with a simple heart die. I applied gesso and wax to the papier mache heart, before applying the die cut heart.


This time, the paste was used with Stamperia Wings To Fly mould, from which I cut the butterfly, and a strip to decorate around the jar. I also used Imagination Crafts Icy White Paste, and some acrylic paint.
The final one was a bit of an experiment when I was prepping for the live show. This one uses the Oriental Garden mould from Stamperia. The background is a piece of rice paper - I generally use blank rice paper to mop up ink from my mat, so have a collection for creating quick backgrounds. I have used a little bit of Distress Oxide around the edges, but the main part of the image is coloured with alcohol ink - and a pipette!! Watch the video to see exactly how it was created.

Now,  I know this post is quite video heavy - and it won't usually be like that. I will try to share projects one at a time. These three just went together quite well, so was easier to share altogether. 

Thanks for looking, and feel free to subscribe to Hixxy Studio YouTube channel for more videos.

Take care,

Cxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx