About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Sunday 19 September 2021

Earth laughs in flowers.....

I have recently received my Tim Holtz Christmas Distress Mica Stains, and wanted to have a play with them in my art journal. I chose Peppermint Stick (red) and Frosted Juniper, and to complement them, Barn Door and Evergreen Bough Distress Oxides. 


Peppermint stick has gold coloured mica, while Frosted Juniper is more on the silver side. 

I inked my pages with Oxides first, then sprayed the two stains. The quote is from a really ancient set of rub-ons/stickers that I have had in my stash for so long. The geometric flower shapes are from a Magenta stamp set that I must have got free with a magazine - they're dated 2008, and I have no idea what magazine it would have been. I stamped the flowers with Black Soot Distress Archival ink, and painted them with Evergreen Bough Distress Ink, and ink from the two stain sprays, before cutting out. On the page, I used smaller stamps from the set with Evergreen Bough, Barn Door and Black Soot Distress Inks. I also used an Imagination Crafts stencil with the two Oxides.


Happy crafting,
Cxxx

1 comment:

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx