About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Saturday 15 January 2022

White "Queen Bee" Card

Good morning!! Today I have an almost white-on-white card to share. There is a little yellow there for the bee, and to add a little to the background - but it's mostly white.


When I do white-on-white cards, I try to use a variety of textures and tones of white. Here, the base is a straightforward white card, onto which I have matted Centura Pearl Snow White - Hint of Silver and white hammered card. The yellow mats are just white stamping card with Scattered Straw Distress Oxide. I embossed the pearl square with an old Verity Rose embossing folder called Cupcake. The lacy detail is provided using a die called Rose Frame from the Romantic Roses collection by Precious Marieke, cut from white linen card.

And the gorgeous bee is an IndigoBlu mini stamp called "Queen Bee". She is stamped with Spectrum Noir Finesse Waterproof Ink in Flagstone, and the yellow is created using Scattered Straw as before. I have added glossy accents to her wings.

To see the video just click on the picture above.

Take care and happy crafting!
Cxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx