About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Sunday 23 January 2022

Pastel Safari!

Hello!! The weekend is almost over - but not quite!! I have a safari themed card - without the safari sunset colours! The colours for this one were suggested by my lovely crafting friend, Karen, when all I could see were sunsets!!



There are two versions of this card - the one with the giraffes was my sample, and the one with elephants is the one I made on the video (click on either photo for the link). For the shiny, sparkly background, I have used Creative Expressions 7x7 Safari Landscape with Cosmic Shimmer Lunar Paste in Moonlight Ocean and Stellar Lemon. The green was created by mixing the two. The elephant and giraffe came from cutting into Amy Designs Wild Animals - Wild Frame. I cut the frame 3 times, and then layered the colours to match the stencil. The sentiment is from Trimcraft First Edition Sentiment dies. 

Thanks for popping over to have a look. Feel free to follow me here on my blog, or on FaceBook, Twitter, Instagram or Pinterest. For the videos, pop over to the Hixxy Studio YouTube channel to subscribe. And FB lives are streamed on both the YouTube channel and the Hixxy Crafts FB page. The main items I use can be found on the Hixxy Crafts website - have a look under the Hixxy Studio tab.

Happy Crafting,

Cxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx