About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Tuesday 9 June 2020

B is for .....

So, we're into the second week of our A or B theme challenge at Use Your Craft Stash. While you can use any technique, colour, card fold, product starting with A and/or B, I chose mostly A for my first inspiration last week, so have gone with the B's this week.

I have a Brown and Beige Baby themed, Bendy front card with a Bear and Buttons, and a Box with a Bow for it to go in. 


For the base of the card, I used Crafter's Companion A3 Double Sided Printed card - Elegance. And for the box, I used Decadance.  Beccy's Place has instructions for this in her Card Fold Tutorials section. I didn't use her measurements, as I wanted it larger. So I started with a piece 15" x 8", and scored at 5" and 10". The higher bendy part is about 4" in height, and the smaller one is about 2".


I cut the edges with Crafter's Companion Die'sire Edge'able Rococo die. I have it in two sizes - from being on the DT back then - and one of the sizes was exclusive to whichever channel they were on at that time - but I can' remember which.  Whatever, this is the smaller of the two dies.


To create the Bendy front, the two sides then fold over and fix using tabs and slots. I backed this with Brown card, and added a piece of card to create a stand at the back. 

The Baby themed topper with the Bear, is an old Kanban one. I added Brown Buttons, and a Bow.


For the Box, I used the Big Score and a sheet of the A3 printed card, this time from the Decadance pack, with more Brown card and some Beige Centura Pearl from the Pastels pack. I embossed this with Spellbinders double sided A4 embossing folder called Dainty Dots. I finished it with a bow.

Remember, you have until Sunday afternoon to share your creations with us at Use Your Craft Stash.

Take care, and stay safe,

Cxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx