About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Friday 12 June 2020

C is for .... Christmas!!

In the crafting world. Christmas is just getting underway, with all the big companies releasing their Christmas 2020 ranges. So, as we are on C/D for the next couple of weeks, it seemed rude not to take advantage of the C to make a Christmas project.



I intended to make a Christmas card, and was thinking Crimson and Cream, so I dug out my Christmas boxes with all my Christmas stash, and found these Crimson Crackers already cut and with the tape attached and decided to go with that. They are cut using a Tonic die, and I used to sell boxes of 6 of these as tree decorations. 


So, the first job was to roll them up into crackers. I remember why these hadn't been done, as they are of a thicker card than is advisable for rolling, but I managed to get it done. 


I then had a look for something to decorate them, and came up with these circle toppers from Crafter's Companion Colorista Christmas. To be a suitable size, they were really small.


I coloured them with Spectrum Noir ColourBlend pencils - Daisy and Cherry Red from the Florals tin, and Viridian from the Naturals.


I cut them out and mounted them on circles cut with Crafter's Companion Stitched Edge dies and Spellbinders scalloped circles. I used thin Crimson ribbon to tie them up. When I used to sell them, I would add a proper snap and a hat into them - but decided to leave these out and make them purely decorative.


They then needed a box, so I used Centura Pearl Ivory card (which is essentially Cream), embossed some Crimson card with the same Spellbinders double sided Dainty Dots embossing folder as the crackers. I found a Colourist topper with a Candle, and coloured it with the same pencils as before.


Et voila - a boxed set of Christmas Tree Crackers. 


Have now got to start thinking about D. 

Take care and stay safe,
Cxxx

1 comment:

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx