About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Friday 5 June 2020

All about the A's

Afternoon. I am quite late with my Use Your Craft Stash Post this week. There are two reasons for this. One is that we have decided to try a two weekly theme rather than one, but the main reason is that I had an extreme crafty block with this one.

We have chosen the theme "A or B" which means you can use anything from your stash that starts with A and/or B, choose a card fold or mixed media technique that starts with A and/or B, choose a theme that starts with A and/or B..... the list goes on. All you need to do, is use your old craft stash. 

And in addition, we will draw a winner at random, and they will receive a little prize, as well as being the group's banner for the next fortnight.

So, my block was this. I have some Angelia Fibres and I thought they would be perfect for this challenge. But not matter how I tried, I just couldn't do anything that I was happy with. And I came to a complete and total halt. Normally, my things are ready by Sunday, to post on Monday - but this one didn't come together until Wednesday, when I finally decided to let go of the Angelina Fibres. I am really happy with what I have created - it's a list of A's with a few B's thrown in for good measure!

So, here is my A-Frame card with an rectangle aperture. I have used Aqua Tints, Alcohol Inks and Acetate, with Black card and a few little Butterflies! 

I cut a piece of A3 Centura Pearl card lengthwise, and scored in half. I cut the piece out the botttom to make is stand like an A-Frame. I'd never heard of this before, but I found it (and a whole lot of other card folds) on Beccy's Place Blog. I also cut another piece of Centura, with a rectangle aperture.


I wanted to create a background using Aqua Tints. I have had these (all of them) since they came out, and the gold really hasn't kept well. It is no longer liquid, but a thick paste, hence the kebab stick in it as opposed to a pipette.


I put the aquatints onto the card, and smooshed with a paper towel. The gold didn't really want to smoosh - and had to be smeared more than blended. Still, it turned out fine.


The acetate is Hunkydory - Dusk to Dawn Luxury Foiled Acetate. On the
back I added some Alcohol ink.


When I came to put the acetate on the Aqua Tint background, it was a bit too bright, so I put a piece of vellum with Butterflies in between. 


I considered adding some embellishments , but in the end I decided to leave it as it is.

So, we look forward to seeing your entries - and remember, you have all next week as well as the weekend to get them in.

Take care, and stay safe,
Cxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx