About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Tuesday 23 June 2020

Downton Abbey Revisited!

When the C/D Challenge came out at Use Your Craft Stash, I had a few ideas floating around, but decided to go with Downton Abbey as my theme. I remember when this was first launched, as I was on the CC DT at the time. I also remember doing a magazine article for it too - although I may be wrong there.

So, this is what I made:


It's a Dutch Fold card with a Dowton Abbey Theme. I went back to the CDs that were released with this - so that get's another D for Digital crafting. CD1 has all the Above Stairs bits, CD2 has the Below Stairs, and CD3 has a range of card ideas with instructions - one of which is actually a Dutch Fold - but I didn't follow those instructions, as I decided to make it out of one piece of A3 Centura Pearl Card.


I scored along the long side, at 10 and 3/4". I turned and scored at 3" from each side. 
  

Next, I marked out where I needed to cut down to at 5 3/8" from the bottom on both sides, and then cut out the pieces that were not needed. I had originally intended to use the whole piece of A3, but when I stood it up, I felt the bottom was too big, so cut 2 1/2" off. It seems to have better proportions that way.

    


It's been a while since I've done some Digital crafting, and I remember now how much mess I make when I'm doing it!! I used a Card Companion from CD2 as a backer for the topper - and put it into Publisher and resized it for what I needed. I did the same with the topper which I took from the Metal Charm section of CD1. The backing papers are also made digitally. The Dark Grey and the Dove Grey are colour matched to the Card Companion, and the yellow - believe it or not - is Daffodil. I used the RGB numbers for Daffodil, and then put it at about 80% transparency.


I found some Downton Abbey Doilies which I used to mount the topper, and edged the Daffodil yellow card with Hickory Smoke Distress Ink. The circles are all cut with Crafter's Companion Stitched Edge circles, and the square Card Companions with the Square version.

I also used a lot of Dies from the Downton Abbey collection. On the outside I used Elegant Border - the stripy paper is from CD2 - Mr Carson Designer Papers - and Grand Decorative Bow.

On the inside I used another paper doily, and several more dies - Champagne Saucer, Perfume Atomiser and Half Doily. I also used a Downton Abbey 5x7 Embossing Folder called Thistle. The crown is from the Icons set.


So, that's it - a Downton Abbey Dutch Fold Card.



Take care,
Cxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx