About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Thursday 5 March 2020

Hearts and Easels

So, I am currently fundraising for a new local charity called Helping Yound Minds, aimed at providing a safe space and mental health support for our local youngsters. I initially started out with signing up for some sporting activities and setting up a Go Fund Me page - as I've always managed to raise a reasonable amount in the past. But it's just not happening at the moment, and I'm a bit down about it all. 

And when I'm a bit stressed, I have a tendency to tidy and organise. While doing so, I re-discovered a whole drawer full of old demo bits and pieces - die cut bases and other things prepped for demonstration and never used. And I also realised I have some other stuff - completed samples etc - that are just sitting in boxes. So, am thinking I am going to use all those bits and pieces and my vast stash, along with those already completed pieces, to try and boost my fundraising. 

At the moment, I am just prepping and creating, and don't really know how I'll go about selling stuff, but just doing something to make it happen is good enough for now.

Here are two heart easel cards completed today, and I rather like them. It's been a while since I really created anything - and have to admit I don't miss the time involved, but I am loving the results.


Both use the Crafter's Companion Heart Easel Die for the base, and the larger mat. I also used my X Cut Heart and Scalloped Heart dies, and Crafter's Companion Stitched Edge Hearts.  For the one on the left I used Sara Signature Together Forever Champagne Flute and Graceful Swirls, and for the one on the right I used Sara Signature Vintage Tea Party Cherry Cupcake. All the card and paper is from my stash - a lot of which I no longer have any recollection of where it came from. Ah, well!

Will keep you updated as I add to the collection ready to try and raise some money!! 

Take care,

Cxxx

1 comment:

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx