About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Sunday 29 March 2020

A little something to pass the time.



Today being Sunday, I decided to do something just for me and because I can. Back at Christmas time, I was buying a few bits and pieces and picked this up this little MDF Craft Room Door Hanger from The Wooden Shape Company. It measures roughly 19cm by 8.5cm. It's one of those things that has been rattling around in my stash, just waiting for me to have some time. I have done a step by step for anyone who is interested or really has nothing better to do - but feel free to skip it. This is the finished product:

This is how it came - the hanger and all the pieces. As you can see, I didn't use all the embellishments.
I then had a trawl around to see what I could decorate it with, and decided to go with some Imagination Crafts Rice Paper, left over from another project, and some Starlight Paints.


First step was to gesso both sides of the hanger before applying the rice paper using Imagination Crafts Decoupage Plus Satin.

    
  
I used lots of little scraps of leftover rice paper to cover the back in a similar way.

   

It took me ages to find a layout I liked - and even then didn't follow it completely when I assembled it. And I only used some of the colours of paint that I got out - and a couple of the Imagination Crafts Art Stamps.

   

I used the stamps with Distress Oxide, building up some layers with Antique Linen, Tea Dye and Vintage Photo.

    

More texture was added using Imagination Crafts Baby Bubbles Stencil and Shabby Chic Texture Paste in Linen. When this was dry, I went over with more Vintage Photo Distress Oxide.

       

The MDF embellishments were painted with Topaz, Antique Gold, Clotted Cream and Salmon Starlight paints and attached with hot glue. I finished it off - as I always seem to do - with some flat backed pearls and ribbon.



Stay safe and take care,
Cxxx

2 comments:

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx