About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Saturday 28 March 2020

A week ago...

A week ago, things began to change. I was scrambling to get to grips with how we were going to deal with setting school "work" from home, and watching the new avidly for any updates. A week on, and things are starting to settle into this new and bizarre reality. I have had good days and bad days. I have planned and prepared for my class out there in cyberspace. And I have tried - not always successfully - to switch off from work and from the news, having gone from watching all day every day, to switching it on now and then. I still don't feel in any sort of routine, and I had so many creative things planned for the week - but in the end, I didn't really feel like doing them.

And then, last Sunday was Mothering Sunday. Like a huge part of the population, neither of us could see our Mums, although I had popped in to see mine and drop things off on the Thursday.

Then in the whirlwind of the week, I forgot to share the cards I made. So, here they are.
This one was for my Mum, using Hunkdory Sending you Love - A Gift for you - topper and backing card. 
And this one was for my mother-in-law - using the same Hundory topper and card set.

Am hoping next week will settle more into a routine - and I will be able to do some more creative things.
Stay safe,
Cxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx