About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Tuesday 25 February 2020

Quilt Tops at the ready!!

After a stressful day at work yesterday, I resolved to do no work today - just stuff for me. And of course that always has to involve crafting. And all my preparation for the quilts has paid off today!!

So, the strips I shared last time have been sewn together with long strips of sashing, and voila!! Two bed throw quilt toppers. Have to say, though, that I put on on the bed and it's come up a little smaller than I had planned - and that's before any quilting which will cause is to shrink a little more! But.... it will do the job of co-ordinating with our feature wall, AND protect the quilt when Molly comes up for a cuddle when we're chilling out!!

The next job is to baste these to the wadding and backing. I have chosen some plain fleece fabric as the backing, as we have always had fleece blankets on the bed to protect them before. I may regret it when I start quilting as it will be a little thick and bulky to move through the machine!! I may have second thoughts and just back it with more sheeting, and edge the fleece to use separately!! Decisions, decisions.....

Take care,
Cxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx