About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Monday 9 July 2018

A Pink Thank You

It's getting to the time of year when lots of people are looking to say thank you to teachers and other school staff. I was asked to make a couple of thank you cards - this is the first of them.

The base is a 7x7 scalloped card blank. I started by adding a piece of pink paper (I think from Kanban Love and Marriage paper pad), and softened it by adding a piece of the printed acetate from Sara Signature Flutterby collection. The outer pink frame (cut with Spellbinders Grand Squares) and the inner pink mat are from a very old Create and Craft Textured Card pad.  
The patterned papers are from pads bought at The Works. I then used Crafter's Companion 5x5 Country Garden Create a Card, to cut the decorative mat from Centura Pearl Snow White card. For the coloured parts, I re-cut the die with pink papers and fussy cut the pieces out. 

The sentiment is Crafter's Companion Classique Only Words, and the circle mount is the centre of Crafter's Companion 6x6 Aurora Create a Card die. I finished off with paper roses from The Range, and organza ribbon. 

Back soon (hopefully)
Cxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx