About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Monday 23 July 2018

A Little Blue

More playing with Imagination Crafts products - and an outing for my Gel Press - to create this blue card. 

The list of the things I've used is:

Sheena White Stamping Card
Core'dinations Card - Blue
6x6 Gel Press
7x7 Mega Mount (Clarity Stamp)
Imagination Crafts:
Starlight Paints - Heather, Mint, Clotted Cream, Mediterranean Sky
Starlight Wax - Dark Orchid
Stencil - 6x6 - Grungy Ledger
Rice Paper 198
Art Stamps - Distress Set 1
Magi Bond Decoupage Glue

I started by painting Heather, Mint and Clotted Cream Starlight paints onto Sheena White Stamping Card.
I spritzed over with water and smoothed the paint out.  
This was then run through my Gemini with the Grungy Ledger stencil, 
 And Dark Orchid Starlight Wax applied over the top with a bit of cut and dry.

The next step was to apply the paint to the gel plate. This time I used Mediterranean Sky instead of the Mint. 
I got a bit carried away with the paint and put too much down, so had to work in off onto some paper. 
Once I had it at a reasonable level, I then used the script stamp to remove the paint from the plate. 
I then pressed this onto another piece of Stamping Card, and used it to cut a frame (as ever I managed to miss out a few steps!!
 I edged the stencilled piece with more Dark Orchid wax, and mounted it onto the card (made from more stamping card.
I cut more frames out of stamping card and blue Core'dinations card, and mounted them over the stencilled piece.
 The image is a cut from the Rice Paper, and attached to the card using Magi Bond decoupage glue. It was then mounted on blue and white card. The whole things was finished with a bow.
Back with more later.
Cxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx