About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Wednesday 25 July 2018

A little announcement!

Well, the time has come to announce that I have been chosen to join the new Imagination Crafts Design Team.

Am super excited to join the team, and can't wait to get playing! In the meantime, this is one of the pieces that I made for my application to the team.
It's an altered vase and will eventually be for a friend, but she's not on social media, so I should get away with sharing it now.

I used:
Starlight Paints - Fuchsia, Mint, Clotted Cream
Rice Paper 339
15cm x 15cm Stencil - Honeysuckle
Structure Paste
Starlight Wax - White Gold
Fabric Decoupage Glue
Mixed Media Spray - Light Blue, Sunshine, Dark Brown
White Gesso
Embellishments and flowers from my stash

I dabbing Fuchsia paint on the vase - two coats, baked in the oven in between. 
 I then added a layer which was a combination of Fuchsia, Mint and Clotted Cream.
On the front of the vase, I glued the teacup rice paper image which had been stuck onto white card first. Other parts of the paper were added to the other sides, but not with white card as I wanted them to be more in the background.
I then used structure paste through the stencil, on all four sides of the vase.   



A mixture of the three media sprays with white Gesso was applied over the stencilled parts.


I then rubbed a little White Gold Starlight wax over the top. 
After a last bake, I added the large embellishments, then gessoed over them, before adding more colour. Heart embellishments were added to the sides in the same way.

I finally added the flowers to the front with a edging of wax. 
I decided on more flowers at the end, to cover a little more of the large embellishment at the top.

Am really looking forward to sharing more Imagination Crafts makes in the future.
Take care,
Cxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx