About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Wednesday 30 November 2022

Lace Butterfly

Today I am sharing my lovely Mum's 80th birthday card. She's not one for fuss and bother, but a special birthday calls for one of my special 8x8 boxed cards.

I have used A3 Fresh White Centura Pearl to create the base card and the box. The patterned paper is Craft Sensations 12x12 Floral and Basics Paper. I bought this from The Range - it's my go to place for cheap but gorgeous 12x12 patterned paper pads.

The butterfly is an old 6x6 Crafter's Companion Create-a-card called Lace Butterfly. It's really pretty - and the wings of the butterfly lift up.

The pretty mirror card is from Chloe's Creative Card 8x8 Mirror Card Pad in Sugared Pastels. It teams up perfectly with the patterned paper.

The lettering is Julie Hickey Designs Sweet Pea Alphabet, and the numbers are from an Elizabeth Craft Designs Planner Essentials set called Retro Number Trio. As the name implies, there are 3 different sizes of number dies included.

You can't see it from these pictures, but I always add decoration to the inside of the box. I usually use offcuts left from making the card and box topper. I added a couple of butterflies in there using Trimcraft Butterflies dies.


Thank you for popping by. 

Please feel free to follow me here on my blog, on FaceBookTwitterInstagram or Pinterest.

And I now have a YouTube channel where I hope to add my video content to in the future. Would love it if you could subscribe. 

Happy crafting, 

Cxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx