About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Friday 25 November 2022

Art Journal - Blue & Cool Colours

Another Art Journal play, this time in my Pink Pig Journal. This is one where I may follow a prompt or play with some products. And unlike my Arteza journal, I am not so fussed about the outcome - it's the playing and process that's important with this. 

It's the second attempt at videoing myself and I am still having teething problems. I had an issue with the focus of the camera and paused the video to sort it. Then forgot to start it again. That said, it gives an idea of how I put it together.

To start with, the prompts I have cut up in my box are from Mixed Media Arts. I don't use them too often, so there's plenty to work with. This time I chose Blue and Cool Colours. I don't generally just randomly pick one, as I still struggle with that. When I use them, I need to give myself a feeling of knowing what I can do. 

To go out of my comfort zone I use Everything Art (click here for their courses). I dip into the 100 steps and have signed up for the Care December. Kasia and Jamie give more than just a word prompt. They give you prompts for the techniques and products - and often a video - so I feel a bit more supported. 


I tried to show the products more - but still feel that I need to work on that. And as the video missed some of the process, I will give you a full list further down. And it seems Blogger only allows videos of under 3 minutes - so am going to have to give that some consideration too.

After the video paused, I used Structure paste through the stencil you could see. And then Lunar Paste through the Whitewash stencil. And on the other side, a couple more of the Elizabeth Craft Designs stencils with Chipped Sapphire Distress Oxide. I also did some stencilling on the coloured part of the shell.

The edges of the pages were painted with the Turquoise Cascade and Nearly Navy Inks.


Products Used:
Rice Paper - I use this to clean up ink, and then it provides me with a quick background like this one
White stamping card
Cadence Satin Finish Decoupage Glue
Amy Design Ocean Wonders Shell die set
Cosmic Shimmer Watercolour Ink - Peacock Teal
Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent Watercolour Ink - Nearly Navy, Turquoise Cascade
Cosmic Shimmer Pixie Powder - Aqua Lagoon
Cosmic Shimmer Pixie Sparkles - Blue Wish
Cosmic Shimmer Lustre Polish - Snow and Ice
Cosmic Shimmer Luna Paste - Moonlight Ocean
Imagination Crafts Sparkle Medium - Midnight Ice
Imagination Crafts Structure Paste
Imagination Crafts Stencils - Whitewash, Chevron + not sure of the other one
Elizabeth Craft Designs Art Journal SO40 Pattern Stencil Pack
AALL & Create Stamp Set - #351 Alphabet Splatter
Distress Oxides - Weathered Wood, Iced Spruce, Mermaid Lagoon, Chipped Sapphire

Thank you for popping by. 

Please feel free to follow me here on my blog, on TwitterFaceBook Instagram or Pinterest.

Happy crafting, 

Cxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx