About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Friday 18 November 2022

It's Not Who You Are That Holds You Back .....

Had a play in my art journal yesterday. And also had a play at creating a video/reel of it. I don't think I did too badly for a first attempt.

I have four different journals - some have more in than others. This one is one I tend to do double page spreads with a quote and an image. It's just something I like to do - and the quote is usually relevant to how I am feeling at the time. And I think this is where I am at the moment. Having recently retired from a long teaching career - a job which is all consuming but gives you a purpose and identity - I am currently struggling to know exactly what I am. Looking for what I want to do now seems to throw up an endless list of what I am not. 

This is the finished project - not entirely the way I initially envisaged it - but I always enjoy the process. And this is one journal where I want to like the end product. I have another where I have experimented or followed prompts, and in that one there is a lot that I don't like - but that helps me to sometimes just let go of the end product and focus on the process. 

Here is the speeded up and edited video, having removed all the faffing and prevaricating.


Products used:
Arteza 14cm x 14cm Sketchbook
Distress Oxides: Picked Raspberry, Ripe Persimmon, Fossilized Amber
Distress Mica Stains: Winterberry, Flickering Candle, Jack O' Lantern
Distress Archival: Vintage Photo
Stamps: Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Just Thoughts (very old set); AALL & Create #662 One Of A Kind; Imagination Crafts Texture Stamps (from two different sets - both old)
Stencils: AALL & Create #147 Coffee Stain; #38 Cracked Walls 2
Tim Holtz Stamping Platform
Tim Holtz Stamping Blocks
Blending Brushes - cheap ones from Amazon
Cream card from stash

Thank you for popping by. 

Please feel free to follow me here on my blog, on TwitterFaceBook Instagram or Pinterest.

Happy crafting, 

Cxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx