About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Thursday 10 March 2022

Floral Easel Card

Hello! Today I have an easel card to share, using Julie Hickey Designs Floral Fantasy and Floral Foliage stamps. This would make a great card for Mother's Day. Click on the picture for the video link. I must apologise, as this one was a bit rushed on the live, and not totally completed. Hopefully, there is enough information both there and here combined.

The base of the card is made from a piece of purple card, 4 3/4" wide x length of A4. It is scored at 5 7/8" and 2 7/8". Before folding and burnishing, you need to cut a rectangular aperture. I used a 4" x 5" rectangle die - but you could cut it by hand if you need to. This is cut in the end with the score line. 

 

I also cut three frames - each uses a piece of card 5 7/8" x 4 3/4", and I used the same rectangle die.


For the acetate, I have two pieces - one is stuck onto a double sided adhesive sheet. I used Alcohol Inks to create a background in the bottom and left of each piece. The colours I used are: Purple Twilight, Watermelon and Pool.


For the flowers, I stamped three of each and used Squeezed Lemonade, Ripe Persimmon, Picked Raspberry and Seedless Preserves Distress Oxides to colour them in.


I stamped one of the images from the Floral Foliage set. These are almost impossible to cut out as a whole piece, but I cut it into individual leaves to tuck in amongst the flowers. I coloured these with Twisted Citron and Mowed Lawn Distress Inks. 


The sentiment stamp is from the Fantasy Floral set, and I cut the letters using Julie Hickey's Sweet Pea Alphabet set. You need to cut two sets, so that you can cover up the glue on the back. Do the same for whatever you stick the sentiment on.


The piece of acetate that is on double sided sticky, needs to be attached to a piece of white card. You can do this either before or after you stick the card to the base of the easel. One of the frames then goes over the top of this to hide the edges. The other two frames are used to sandwich the other piece of acetate, which is attached to the top of the easel.

I used glue gel to attach the flowers, and the glue doesn't really stand out against the alcohol ink, so doesn't need covering on the back. The leaves are tucked in amongst the flowers. The little hearts are part of the Alphabet set.


Thanks for popping by, and I hope I have given you a little inspiration. Feel free to follow me here on my blog, or on FaceBookTwitterInstagram or Pinterest. For all the videos, pop over to the Hixxy Studio YouTube channel to subscribe. And FB lives are streamed on both the YouTube channel and the Hixxy Crafts FB page. The main items I use can be found on the Hixxy Crafts website - have a look under the Hixxy Studio tab.

Happy crafting,

Cxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx