About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Tuesday 1 March 2022

Butterfly Pocket Journal Page

Today's share is using the Elizabeth Craft Designs: Art Journal - Butterfly Pocket Insert. It is designed to fit in the original (A6 ish) ECD Traveller's Notebook (TN), but the height is about the same as the XL square - and so fits in there, and therefore with the faux leather cover that I made before.

This is a HUGE die set. You get the die to cut the pocket insert, which has a lovely Mandala style cut out design. There is a separate die to cut out that same design on other parts of the pocket - or on the fab size tag die that comes with the set. There are also three side-on butterflies - but you can cut them twice and create a full front-facing butterfly. There are also a range of words in a really funky font - with extra individual letters for any that are not covered in the words!! 

So, the "worker" die cuts out a piece that is divided into three. Two parts fold and stick together to from a pocket - which the tag fits into. The other part creates the other half of your page-  so it opens like a card (I will have a blog for one that I made soon) - which then fits over the elastic in your TN.

I used an A4 piece of mixed media paper, and inked it with Prize Ribbon, Scattered Straw and Bundled Sage Distress Oxides. I also sprayed the paper with the same colours. I spritzed my mat with water, and mopped this up on the BACK of the card - as both sides will be visible (see the part where the word "creative" is).  

Using the same colours, I inked through several stencils from the Elizabeth Craft Designs: Art Journal - Pattern Stencil Pack. This is a lovely set of little stencils - perfect if you take crafting supplies with you when you travel.
I picked out some yellow, green and blue card from my scraps box to complement the colours, using this for the die, the letters and some of the butterflies. 
  
And it now sits inside my TN.
  

Thanks for popping by, and I hope I have given you a little inspiration. Feel free to follow me here on my blog, or on FaceBookTwitterInstagram or Pinterest. For all the videos, pop over to the Hixxy Studio YouTube channel to subscribe. And FB lives are streamed on both the YouTube channel and the Hixxy Crafts FB page. The main items I use can be found on the Hixxy Crafts website - have a look under the Hixxy Studio tab.

Happy crafting,

Cxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx