About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Monday 31 August 2020

A Nordic Napkin Card!

We are into the second week of our M and N challenge. My "N" card is a Napkin fold card made using Crafter's Companion Nordic Christmas CD - with a tiny little Noel in there too!

I have made a napkin fold card before (see here) and have followed the same instructions.  You need to start with a square piece of card - this is 11x11 (cut from a piece of 12x12). I scored at 2 3/4" and 8 1/4". After a quarter turn, this was repeated. The centre of each side (5 1/2") needs to be marked so you can score between these four points to create the diagonals. The diagonals on the corner squares also need scoring. You then fold the diagonals one way and the vertical/horizontals the other way. 

 

The four large triangles are made by cutting a 5" square of paper into four, along the diagonals. The smaller ones are from a 4 3/4" square similarly cut into 8 pieces. Except I made mistake and used a 4" square! Not a major issue - you just have more of the base card showing.

The topper companion (printed at A5 size) and two of the papers (the brown one has Noel on it), are directly from the CD. The grey wood effect paper was made by cutting, pasting and cropping one of the quick cards from the CD. I also used some of the matching circular embellishments.

The belly band was made using the little topper from the companion sheet, and a strip of card 3 3/8" wide, with more of the papers. 

Don't forget to come an share your stash busting makes!
Happy crafting.

Cxxx

1 comment:

  1. This is wonderful, what a great design...gorgeous card hun xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx