About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Monday 10 August 2020

Kimono!!

It's a new challenge over at Use Your Craft Stash, and for the next 2 weeks we are looking for projects that use up your stash, and contain an item/ technique/ colour/ product that starts with K and/or L.

For me it was a no brainer. When the Crafter's Companion Kimono range came out in 2015, I absolutely loved it. I was on the DT at the time, and made samples for TV, and also for the Crafter's Inspiration magazine.

One of the cards I made for the CI7, was an iris folding Kimono card. So, I have recreated it here in different colours. Back then, I used yellow and turquoise, and this time I have used green and pink. But as I am a bit lazy, I have used the step by step photos from way back then.

This came out when CD crafting was really the in thing, and printing onto different surfaces was one of the things I loved. I used the Kimono CD, and printed the spotty co-ordinating paper onto Centura Pearl Snow White Hint of Silver (back then I used turquoise - this time pink). On the back of this, I printed the template I created, and cut out along the bold lines, keeping the end of the piece of card.

 
The iris folding template was printed onto copier paper and the frame secured over the top with low tack tape. I chose four papers from the CD (this time I used these papers but in green rather than yellow).
Using 3cm wide strips, I followed the pattern, ending with covering the hole in the middle.
I then scored the dotted lines, and folded and stuck to create the "box".  On the back of this, I stuck a piece of scrap card.
  
Strips of card and paper were added to create the  kimono sash - using the excess saved right at the beginning. I printed another piece of Centura Pearl with the dotty paper from the CD - last time in yellow, this time in green - mounted another strip like the sash, and then stuck the box on top.
To finish, I used some paper roses, flat back pearls, a fan cut with the Kimono Butterfly Fan die, and a butterfly fussy cut from one of the sheets from the CD.
Remember, you only need to use one thing with the letters K or L, along with something from your stash, and you're ready to enter the challenge. 

Looking forward to seeing what you make. Happy crafting!

Cxxxxx

1 comment:

  1. This is very pretty. I love the colours. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx