About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Wednesday 31 October 2018

Pack your case!!

... although you really won't get much in this little one!  I've got a thing for little boxes and cases - and have had this (and a few more like it) in my stash for a while. Friday is the day when Sue is back on your screens for the One Day Special on Hochanda at 6pm. 


The case itself needed a couple of layers of gesso before I could start, so the pattern didn't show through the paint and rice paper. Once that was dry, I covered the whole thing with Clotted Cream Starlight paints. Then most of it was covered with rice paper. 



I added a bit of texture with Malahit Relief Paste and Sage Shabby Chic Relief Paste through a stencil. Inca Gold and Peridot (Green) Alchemy wax were used sparingly to add more colour around the edges.

The tag is made from rice paper stuck onto card, and the little "buttons" are from the same piece of card, sprayed with red and cut with a punch.

I will be back tomorrow with another sample to share with you.

Cxxxx

2 comments:

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx