About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Wednesday 10 October 2018

Vintage Mirror

Mandy-Jane is back on your screens in under an hour with more of the Imagination Crafts goodies. I spotted my mirror on display in the earlier show, so thought I should share it.

Back in the days of Sheena's Paint Fusion, I bought enough of those black Ikea mirrors to last me a lifetime! I still have a good half dozen in my box. So, I thought I would use one for another of my samples.
I didn't take many photos of this one - so no real step by step to show, but I can explain what I did.

I painted the whole mirror first with White Gesso, then again with Mediterranean Sky Starlight mixed with the gesso.

I then dry brushed some Silver Gold and Dark Orchid Starlights over the top to add a distressed, aged look. The little girl is from one of the A3 Rice Papers on the show, with Champagne Sparkle Medium stenciled over and some Versafine Vintage Sepia stamped around. I also added Magi-Cutz Flourishes and Artsy Stones.
Make sure you tune in at 4pm to see the show.
Cxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx