About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Friday 19 October 2018

Village Bauble

Over the past two days, I have been demonstrating load of gorgeous Imagination Crafts goodies at the Craft4Crafters show at the Bath and West Showground, and meeting lots of lovely crafters. There's still another day tomorrow, but I have had a lot of interest in one of the cards I have made, so I said I would blog the details so they can remember the steps.

It's a really simple card - but very effective. Apologies for the blurred photo - and the messy red water drops!

So, the first step was to lay the Village Bauble on watercolour card, then stipple through with black gesso and a stencil brush. 

Once this was dry, I laid the stencil back over, and lined it up. I then moved the stencil slightly. The idea is that the black gesso will create a drop shadow. Icy Snow Paste was then spread over the stencil creating this effect.

Once the paste was dry, I put the stencil back over and used a small stencil brush to apply Starlight Paints. I used Diamond on the berries and tree trunks, Pearl on the leaves, trees and roofs, Silver on the ribbon and buildings, and Black on the bottom of the bauble. Once again - apologies for the watery orange blob!! 

To create the card, I mounted it onto silver glitter card then black card.

As I said, a few simple steps for an effective card.

Take care, 
Cxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx