About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Friday 1 January 2016

The start of another year!!

I have just about managed to get my first blog of the year done and posted on the first day of the month. Better than last year!! Looking back at last year's first blog, I find that once again I have run Bournemouth parkrun on New Year's day - and once again found it a struggle having partaken of lots of good food and alcohol over the festive period!! It was, however a PB for that particular course by over a 1 minute - but still nearly 2 minutes slower than my PB set towards the end of last year.

I mentioned in that blog that I knew the year was going to be difficult - and it was!! Dad passed away at the beginning of February after losing his battle with cancer. And I the happiness jar that I was so determined I would fill has stood empty all year. 

As for the targets I set - well I managed those!! I ran my first ever 10K after 10 months of training, raising money for Macmillan Cancer Support. And I had a fabulous paddleboarding season - despite some dodgy weather - with a wonderful bunch of people!! 

Crafting wise, I was determined not to get stressed over it - and to do what I wanted more. Well, at the beginning of the year, what with everything going on with Dad, all my commitments just seemed to much - I became very stressed - and I came close to giving it all up!! But things calmed down, and I reassessed. I decided to step down from the Challenge based teams I was on, but kept my commitment to Crafter's Companion - a decision I have not regretted. 

So - onto this year!! What do I want to achieve this year? Well, there are several things!! I want to run my first trail 10K, I want to be able to run 10 miles, and I want to run 5K in under 33 minutes!! 

Craftwise, I hope to continue my Design Team work for Crafter's Companion, make cards for my friends and family, do more sewing, and just enjoy creating stuff!!

My OH is considering blogging an image a day for the year - he did it a couple of years ago and is going to have another go this year. I would like to think I could blog a craft photo (not necessarily of a completed project) every day - but I'm not sure I will so that's one we'll just have to wait until next year to see if I manage!! 

Anyway - just in case - here's my first one!! This was made for my Mum's birthday using Crafter's Companion Vintage Floral CD.
I used the image and papers from the CD, along with dark green card to create this one!! The letters are cut with Die'sire 1" Decorative alphabet dies.

I look forward to spending the next year with you - and thank you for all your support in reading and commenting on my blog last year. 
Cxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx