About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Saturday 23 January 2016

Day 23 - A bit of cross-stitch

Evening!! I have had a fairly interesting day, starting off with the strangest parkrun I've ever done. It was with a small group of other ladies (and one lad) and we conga'd our way around the course. One of the lovely ladies will be 40 soon - and last year she set 40 challenges to do before her 40th birthday - this was one of them!!
After that, I did a little card making before crashing out on the bed watching Create and Craft. The Crewel show was on, and it reminded me that I had bought a VERY basic cross-stitch last September to take with me on our camping holiday. I did make a start on it - but didn't get very far at all!! 
The kit is made by Dimension - and is one of those very simple "Learn a Craft" type things. I picked it up in Hobbycraft. I haven't cross-stitched in years, and only then on the Binca type material. So this was totally new to me. I love the design, and I will persevere and get it finished. 
Cxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx