About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Friday 13 March 2015

Getting organised!

Morning!! I am in the process of re-organising my craft desk. It's a work in progress - very slow progress!! But I'm determined to get it done - even if it means working on it around other things. 

If you're anything like me, when I'm crafting I like certain things to be close at hand so I don't need to go looking!! But I also am not keen on a huge mess - so like it all to be fairly organised. And while I already have some great little baskets on my desk, the stuff in them needs a bit of sorting.

So, I've gathered together all sorts of bits that hopefully with be transformed over time into lovely storage. I'm not going for anything complicated - just straightforward, usable - but looking good! 
I decided to start with something to keep my wire cutters and pliers in. I don't use them a huge amount, but I do like to have them to hand just in case. 
I started with a crisp tube, and cut it down to the height needed. I didn't worry too much about how even it was as this would be covered up later.
I then sanded it and painted it with Gesso. I also did the inside to give it a 'tooth' for sticking things to.
Two pieces of green card were stuck around the top of the container - one inside and one outside. This will give a neat edge to the top. 
And because there was a gap between the two pieces of card right at the top, I filled it with PVA glue.
I wrapped more of the card around the bottom, and a piece of paper (Do Crafts Butterfly Collection download) around the middle - finishing off with a piece of ribbon. 
Like I said - nothing fancy - but it looks good amongst the other things on my desk - and does the job!! 

Take care!!
Cxxx

1 comment:

  1. Looks fabulous, very practical too. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx