About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Monday 23 March 2015

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #135 - Spring

Afternoon - and it's time for another challenge from Crafty Cardmakers & More. This fortnight Marlene has chosen the theme 'Spring', so your project could include new life (baby - animal or human), Spring flowers, soft Spring colours etc.

For me personally, I love having a bunch of daffodils in the house when Spring arrives. They are so bright and cheery, and say that warmer weather is on its way!! So, I chose to use a digi called 'Narcissus' from Just Inklined.
I printed the image onto Neenah Solar White card, and coloured it with my Spectrum Noir pens: LY1, 2, 3; GB3. 4. 5; DG 2, 3, 4, CG4; IG1, 2, 4, Blender.
I used green and yellow card for the matting and layering. The large yellow layer is embossed with Do Crafts A4 Butterfly Pattern embossing folder. The edges of all the yellow layers are inked with Scattered Straw DI, and for the green I have used Mowed Lawn.

The paper blooms are from Dovecraft, and the sentiment is from Crafter's Companion Sentimentals Nature stamp set. The centres of the flowers have a little glitter glue added.

I would like to enter this into:
Robyn's Fetish - Add a Bow

Crafty Catz Weekly Challenge - No DP

See you later!!
Cxxx

6 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Carole. I love daffodils, they are definitely a sign that spring is on its way. I even managed to pop to the shops without my coat :O)
    Hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous Carole love daffodils .
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Carole! Love the cheery yellow and your flowers are so pretty. hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such sweet daffodils Carole! So pretty.

    Bec xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Card Thanxx For Playing With Us At The Robyn's Fetish Challenge This Week .. Good Luck
    Sherry @ RF DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. A stunning card Carole. Your Daffodil image is beautiful and coloured to perfection. The yellow and green colour combination is brilliant and the sentiment is wonderful. Sally.x.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx