About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Sunday 14 February 2016

Day 45 - My Valentine!


Evening to you!! Well, what a lovely Valentine's day I've had. Breakfast in bed - with pain au chocolat. A day to craft away - while he went for a long run. And then dinner cooked for me - with rather a lot of wine!! So, am writing this before I fall asleep!

And of course, today I am sharing with you the Valentine's card I made for my lovely OH.
I made the base card from two pieces of burgundy card - the size is just over 8 1/4". For the large hearts, I used a combination of Debbie Shore Heart Quilting dies, and Die'sire Essentials Scalloped Hearts dies. The papers are from a Tattered Lace Bowmaker magazine, while the embossed section was created with Docrafts Triboss Heart Attack Folder. The embossed sentiment is also Docrafts. 

The lock and key is from Sara Davies "Love and Romance" collection, and the "Husband" is Die'sire Essentials Only Words. I finished off with buttons and flat backed pearls from my stash.
See you tomorrow!
Cxxx

1 comment:

  1. Great card, so different to a lot I have seen, I love it. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx