About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Friday 12 February 2016

Day 43 - Preparation

Evening! Today has been a combination of a bit of crafting this morning to make my Mum's Mother's day card. And an afternoon of planning in preparation for a few regular teaching sessions I have after half term.

But there was just time this evening to dig out my original Textures collection of 8x8 folders and stamps (the new Elements collection is, of course, winging its way to me as we speak), along with other supplies necessary to finally have a go at Sheena's faux leather technique. I bought the glycerin eons ago - but I've just not got round to having a go.
I've got as far as spritzing the Kraft card with glycerin and water and squishing it several times. And I've embossed one half with the Leaf Vein folder, and the other with the Distress folder. It's now drying on my craft table - we'll have to see what it's like in the morning!!
Cxxx

1 comment:

  1. Wow looks like your going to have fun Carole, can't wait to see the finished creation.
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx